Today:What Where When How?

I opened this blog to be able to comment on blogs which may limit comments to bloggers only. Since that time I have decided to commnet on what is happening in my world too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Semmes, Alabama, United States

Old sometimes retired guy who still thinks I can do anything. Sorta like Caleb, but understanding it is not necessarly so.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday Morning

This past week was an eventful one in a number of ways. I learned a number of things which I sometimes suspect puts me ahead of many my age. (almost 74) I memory tells me that my parents were pretty unwilling to learn new things in their seventies. I wonder why some people are so inflexible in welcoming new ways of doing things? There are of course certain basic principles which will never change. I am thinking folks who reject new ideas and tools which could make life more productive.

Learning new processes does sometimes mean that we have to step out of our comfort zone. Taking just a little risk to learn something new will help keep a person's mind working properly. It strengthens the brain cells just as physical exercise strengthens the cells in our muscles.

Some of the things which are pretty common today and even 'necessities' were met with resistance when they first came out. Automatic transmissions would never be accepted.
Even IBM at one time rejected the idea of personal computers. Rocket to the moon, Buck Rogers pipe dreams. Foreign made cars, especially Japanese, are just junk. People will never accept homogenized milk and certainly not that 'blue john' reduced fat milk. Supper at church on Wednesday night, never desecrate God's house like that!

So, I am looking forward to learning a little more about God, life and business this week. Today I am helping with the pony ride at SHBC's "Great Pumpkin Party. I get to be around kids and horses at the same time. How great is that? What are you doing today and the rest of the week to learn about and enjoy life?
Charlie Mac

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home