Today:What Where When How?

I opened this blog to be able to comment on blogs which may limit comments to bloggers only. Since that time I have decided to commnet on what is happening in my world too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Semmes, Alabama, United States

Old sometimes retired guy who still thinks I can do anything. Sorta like Caleb, but understanding it is not necessarly so.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Still Learning

I know, everybody says time flies. It only lacks one day being a week since I wrote anything on this blog. Several good things have happened. We had a good trip and visit with our daughter and son-in-law. This has been a week of learning more about the system for processing orders at work. The last debate (if you can still call it that) is over. We are getting closer to election day and that worry will be over and likely replaced by another.
One story I heard this week is really worth repeating on this blog. It was told by a man I respect a lot. His wife is going through chemo treatment for ovarian cancer. Bad bad stuff.
Her younger sister became a little paranoid and insisted her doctor give her a thorough check out. He found a tumor, removed it, it was cancer, it was stage one, they got it all! No further treatment necessary, at all. When my friend told his wife about her sister, she was encouraged, felt better, even ate a 'normal' meal. This was Thursday. The stock market fell about 700 points that day. The sister's life was saved, the wife rallied, the market tanked. Was it a good day? What will make your life better today? The market or other people? What did Jesus say was the second commandment?
Charlie Mac

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home