Today:What Where When How?

I opened this blog to be able to comment on blogs which may limit comments to bloggers only. Since that time I have decided to commnet on what is happening in my world too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Semmes, Alabama, United States

Old sometimes retired guy who still thinks I can do anything. Sorta like Caleb, but understanding it is not necessarly so.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Learning Curve

Challenge and change. I am taking on a challenge which involves a good bit of change.
Learning to "fly" a desk instead of doing manual labor.
It should not be a real difficult switch, but there will be a challenge or two.
I will be doing basic data entry and I type pretty well for someone who has to look at the KB, but it will be somewhat of a challenge.
I will be taking orders from several sources, computer, phone and in person.
My aged eyesight will be a challenge in reading the monitor screens.
My age related hearing loss will be a challenge when listening to customers on the phone.
My habit of no being careful with my penmanship will be a challenge when I allow pressures to cause me to "hurry up".

So, why am I doing this? For the challenge and learning experience. Besides all that, it will be helpful to someone I respect and I can fill a need.

I'm needed, challenged, willing, and still growing in skills and knowledge at an age many simply say and mean it, "I'm too old for this."

Well I'm not yet too old. Me and Caleb and the Energizer Bunny.
Charlie Mac

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Alpaca Farmgirl said...

Mac, So glad that I found YOUR blog! You are a source of inspiration for me. A role model in a world that needs more people like you. Best of luck with your new job. I can tell you will embrace it with it's changes and challenges. Have a great day. Know that you are appreciated!
Katy

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home