Today:What Where When How?

I opened this blog to be able to comment on blogs which may limit comments to bloggers only. Since that time I have decided to commnet on what is happening in my world too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Semmes, Alabama, United States

Old sometimes retired guy who still thinks I can do anything. Sorta like Caleb, but understanding it is not necessarly so.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Weekend

I am writing my weekend blog early (actually it is late Friday). I will be out of pocket probably until Tuesday and I wanted to write about Friday before then.
Today was a fun day at work. I enjoy problems only if I can work them out. I always have liked fixing things.
Wednesday and Thursday the girl ( lady) I am replacing was there to train and guide me on the business system. Today was my first day to solo. (of course the boss knows more that anyone about how the program works, but who wants to bother the boss asking dumb questions?) I had three projects waiting for me to solve when I can in today. All three took some thinking and remembering how to manipulate the system. I did it. Oh not alone, but the problems were solved before the day's end. I never could have done it without the help and friendly encouragement of my fellow workers. While the problems were in the process of being solved several glitches happened. My phone quit working several times. The system hung up a couple of times. The Internet service went out for a time.
Through all this I had a really good fun day. Wow! Maybe I should have looked for a set down job a few years ago. I told Mary when I got home that I can not remember the last time I felt this good after working all day.
We are going to visit our daughter and son-in-law and will worship with them on Sunday. We will be back, GLW, on Monday. Hope you all have a great weekend too.
Charlie Mac

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Alpaca Farmgirl said...

Mac, So glad that you are finding your new position to be rewarding. Hope you had a good weekend. When you get a minute, please email me your address so I can mail your croissants to you and Mary! Thanks!
Katy

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home