Today:What Where When How?

I opened this blog to be able to comment on blogs which may limit comments to bloggers only. Since that time I have decided to commnet on what is happening in my world too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Semmes, Alabama, United States

Old sometimes retired guy who still thinks I can do anything. Sorta like Caleb, but understanding it is not necessarly so.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Enthusiasm, contagious?

Readers of this blog know that I have taken on a new job. It is very different to any thing I have done in the past. It was a pretty scary decision to make. I agreed to take it because I had been praying to find a less physical way to make a living. My friend, and now again my employer, and his wife had been praying about who could fill an important position in their company. He asked me to think about the position and my immediate thought was, OH No, Not Me! He continued by saying he and Leslie had been praying about it and would I pray about it and get back to him.

While praying it came to me that it was like my prayer was being answered and their prayers were being answered. All I had to do was step out on faith. Was it scary? Oh yeah, and the first week of training it was almost deathly frightening. everyone kept saying, "You can do it." Something (evil?) in my mind kept saying, "No you can't! It is too stressful."

Then while praying about this situation, a peace that passes all understanding came over me. The email devotional for that day was "I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me."
It clicked to focus on one thing, one order, one task, one customer, one report, one entry, and one day at a time. I can be enthusiastic about one thing at a time and suddenly the task was no longer overwhelming.

Jesus taught us to pray daily for our daily bread. He taught us not to worry about tomorrow and just focus on today. So, when I apply His teachings, I can be, and am, enthusiastic about life, one moment at a time. I pray my enthusiasm can remain constant and will be contagious.

Encourage someone today. Be enthusiastic about something today. This will be a good day.
Go check out www.Alpacafarmgirl.blogspot.com Katy is a store house of knowledge about really neat income opportunities raising Alpacas for fun and profit.
Charlie Mac

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home