Today:What Where When How?

I opened this blog to be able to comment on blogs which may limit comments to bloggers only. Since that time I have decided to commnet on what is happening in my world too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Semmes, Alabama, United States

Old sometimes retired guy who still thinks I can do anything. Sorta like Caleb, but understanding it is not necessarly so.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Health care Related Sort Of

The link below will take you to the "Jumbo Joke" site. The latest joke is a few "you might be ifs". I thought a little light approach to health care might be in order with all the current rhetoric about health care.

http://www.jumbojoke.com/you_might_be_in_emergency_medicine_if.html

I need something to calm my nerves. The more I read and hear about the government's proposed health care "reform", the more fearful I become. "Reform : to form again or renew." That is what seems to be in the plan. A complete "change" for everyone and everything involved in what is arguably the best health care system in the world.

I remember being fearful when Medicare and Medicaid were first proposed. I remember being fearful when Eunice Shriver's brother (Mary Jo's killer) proposed adding prescription drug coverage to Medicare and Medicaid. I thought all of these proposals would be far too costly and leave room for too much fraud and abuse.

I was correct in those assumptions. These programs have bankrupted the country while making almost every poor and elderly citizen dependant upon the government for their health needs. Now the out of touch congress believe the way to "fix" the broken health care system they broke by passing asinine legislation is to add every single person living within our borders citizen or not, to the already bankrupt system.

OMG, quick, tell me another funny joke. I need to laugh and relax so I can steady my hand enough to write a letter to my congressmen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home